A collection of DJ mixes by Evan Drops

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Yin And Yang - Balance is the key to a healthy lifestyle



After indulging on a delicious platter of spiced up retro fusions conjured up by my most bodacious compadre Evan, I wanted to elaborate on his comment about mainstream dubstep and chainsaw sounds.

The chainsaw sound that has been widely misused in the dubstep world has spit out a bunch of garbled sounds that yes rumble the begeezes out of your rectum but in my mind lack any sort of musical composition. There has been often nights where I have gone to a Dubstep night to go Womp the night away and found myself extremely bored of the same low frequency wobble and beat pattern droning on and on. Used correctly at the opportune moment, the "dubstep wobble bassline" combined with the chainsaw glitches can throw even your grandmother into a violent crumped out seizure. Like anything in life there must be a yin to balance the yang. All I am really saying is that some people are more attached to only the chainsaw sounds and wobbles than making music. The chainsaw sound is simply a tool, it cant make the finished product alone.

Anyways enough chatter and more music. I have 2 playlists currently made: The first is simply "dirty dubstep" and the other "clean dreamy dubstep". Pretty self explanatory, although my dirty dubstep folder consists of songs that make use of wobbles and chainsaw sounds artistically along with melodies . Perfect I now have music to get down and dirty to and then shower to!

Here are a couple tracks from each playlist for your enjoyment. Remember balance is the key to a healthy lifestyle.

Clean Dreamy Dubstep


"Dirty Dubstep"




No comments:

Post a Comment