A collection of DJ mixes by Evan Drops

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Chromeo: Original and Remix


Last night after boozing around the village til the bars closed a few of us headed back to my place for some more partying. This gave me my first opportunity to actually DJ for others rather than just chilin by myself. I ended up playing for about 3 hours, dropping tunes from all over the map, talking to some security dude around 4am about a noise complaint and then finally shutting it down at 6am. So I would say the night was a success and definitely a lot of fun. Here's a couple tunes before I go to bed at a decent time tonight...

Chromeo needs no introduction. They almost seemed to have pioneered, or atleast were one of the breakthrough names early on when this now massive 80's synth pop and nu-disco craze began. Their 3rd full length album was more of the good clean relationship strewn silliness that we've come to expect.

Chromeo - Don't Turn the Lights On (Aeroplane Remix Aeroplane adds some extra sexy factor with this smooth remix.

Chromeo - Don't Walk Away One of my favorites from Chromeo. I first heard it in the winter when it came on my ipod when I was hiking corona bowl... and then again as I was dropping in. I think it's the plucked sounding bassline I enjoy so much, and also being a super stellar tune overall.

No comments:

Post a Comment