A collection of DJ mixes by Evan Drops

Monday, May 16, 2011

Flat Bit and Mutant Eye


It's another rainy ass day in Whistler and I'm hungry. However I have no food at home and no desire to ride my bike to town and back in the rain so I took to searching my freezer for a random frozen ham to fry up. That should last me. Meanwhile during my lunch prep I've got a couple of tunes you should hear.

But before I get to that I wanna introduce Whistler's new community radio station if you have not yet heard about it. Simply go to WMN.FM to see a schedule of the live shows. It is just getting started so there are only a few time slots filled at the moment. Last night K-Su and Caitlin as part of their summer project "Mutant Eye" hosted their first radio from 8-10. DJ trio form the UK, "Itchy and Scratchy" spun in the studio while we partied with them and promoted upcoming events around Whistler, freestyled, and just talked about whatever other things we are up to (like this blog). Next Sunday the 22nd Benny Freebound will be in the studio with us rocking out another Sunday evening. Benny was featured on this blog a while ago with his new mix of eclectic awesomeness which can be found HERE.

As for the tunes today, check out this new track titled "Flat Bit" by B.Visible which indeed samples the classic Flatbeat but still creates a very fresh sound with a mid-tempo reggae-breakbeat.
B.Visible - Flatbit

And another mid-tempo reggae-hip-hop type thing. I quite enjoy the high-pitched asian vocals spread throughout.
Chinese Man - Miss Chang

One more from the same producer, no vocals here but a nice organic groove...
Chinese Man - Down

One more that I had to add last minute... 1940's style Drum and Bass. You gotta check this gem.
Dr Fish vs Glenn Miller - In the Mood

No comments:

Post a Comment