A collection of DJ mixes by Evan Drops

Monday, September 26, 2011

You gotta get soaked before you get stoked


In my newly acquired occupation as "Nature's Hairdresser" as I like to call myself (also known as a landscaper), working in the rain is inevitable around this time of year in Whistler. And so today as it poured down all morning I had a rain jacket, but regular pants and shoes. The rain jacket worked to run water down onto my pants until they were soaked through, and my feet did not stand a chance of staying dry and were soggy for the last several hours of work. But knowing that it was snowing up on the tops of the mountains all day I thought yo myself "Hey, ya gotta get soaked before you get stoked", and so I bring you some soaked and stoked tunes.

Soaked

This track would make me wanna just let the rain fall on me as I enjoy it's blissful feeling on my skin, until I get too cold to stand it. With faint vocals spread throughout this chill tune packs some smooth emotion.
How To Dress Well - Ready for the World (xxxy Re-Edit)

Hardly sounding like the original, Star Slinger does a nice job of turning this into a relaxing piece you can nod your head to.
The Morning Benders - Cold War (Star Slinger Mix)

Stoked

A joyful and very youthful sounding track, no wonder it was used in the snowboard movie "Art of Flight", to capture the child-like feelings of elation we get when playing in the snow.
The Naked and Famous - Young Blood

With positive lyrics and smooth-as-can-be percussion this track from 1983 nearing the end of the Disco era does it for me.
Level 42 - The Sun Goes Down (Living It Up)

No comments:

Post a Comment