A collection of DJ mixes by Evan Drops

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Stickybuds

Today as I worked in the rain but this time wearing snowboard pants and boots and staying mostly dry I finally got a chance to listen to a recording from the Kelowna DJ Stickybuds, of his set from Shambhala this summer. It covers a lot of ground and never gives the listener too long to settle into a sound before moving on. The eclectic flow is the main thing that kept me wanting to give it a second listen sometime. Check for yourself:


Stickybuds - Fractal Forest Mix - Shambhala 2011 by Stickybuds~


I was not at Shambhala to see Stickybuds set, but I was at Bass Coast where I was there to see him kill it Sunday evening. I was most stoked when I heard him drop some sort of remake of the classic "Feelings for You by Cassius which it turned out is a track by Stickybuds titled "Been Real". I'm pretty surprised he didn't include this in his Shambhala mix. Only available on youtube or vinyl frustratingly enough:

1 comment: