A collection of DJ mixes by Evan Drops

Monday, October 3, 2011

Brasstronaut.


I just got off the phone from a long and wonderful conversation. I had decided to put some Brasstronaut on in the background while I was on the phone, a band I had simply sought out after seeing their name on posters in Whistler. By the time I had gotten off the phone one album was finished and it was playing the 2nd track of a 4 track EP. In fact, yesterday I had deleted this EP having never given it a full listen. It was however still in my trash can, and so Itunes still played it. As I regained full focus on the music when I got off the phone this nearly-deleted beautiful piece was playing. I'm sure that everyone can find time for a track like this at one point or another in their lives. With chilling piano, subtle percussion, and some sort of brass instruments, this is a 5 minute soothing journey.

Brasstronaut - Fan

This is the first track off their album titled "Mt Chimera". It's not as mellow as the track above, the kinda track you would love to see performed live.

Brasstronaut - Slow Knots

No comments:

Post a Comment