A collection of DJ mixes by Evan Drops

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Epic Chill Vibes from Emancipator


After very little sleep over the past week all because of an amazing trip to California I returned home yesterday tired yet refreshed, with a whole load of incredible musical, visual and personal experiences. Three of us had made the roughly 22 hour drive down to the L.A. area for Lightning in a Bottle Festival. Its a bold statement, but it is the best time I've ever had at a festival due not only because of it's great DJs and stages, but its oh-so smooth organization, fun respectful crowds (including many families with small children) and a huge eclectic offering in the realms of music, art, spirit, mind and body.

One of the acts at Lightning in a Bottle was Emancipator. I however missed this on friday afternoon beacuse I was sitting in the Temple of Conciousness listening to pair of speakers talk about "The Yoga of Bass" or more specifically, how the moments, those wonderful highs we seek to achieve on the dance floor directly parallel the objectives sought after by practicers of Yoga. Ask me about this some time as I would love to share more of this amazing talk disecting just what happens and why we love to dance in masses so much. That was friday afternoon and set the tone for an epic weekend.

Like I mentioned I missed Emancipator's set, though I heard it was awesome, but I'd like to share 3 of his tracks he is giving away for free on his website. This morning I purchased his new album for a mere 10 dollars online. If you like his stuff you should do the same. At less than a dollar per track, it's time we start supporting the artists to fill us with these great emotions and experiences through beautiful music. His mash-up of Sigur Ros and Mobb Deep always gives me chills.

No comments:

Post a Comment